Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Gardening failure

Arriving home I was picked up at the airport by my daughter who promptly told me that even though she had watered the tomatoes and pansies they had somehow all died! The tomatoes and pansies are in pots and indeed they looked just a little bit dead. "Did you pick any tomatoes?" I asked. "Well no - I don't eat them and the others went mouldy while you were away!"

There is no arguing with a 20-year-old. I can't work out whether or not she did actually water the plants. I've done a bit of pruning of the really dead bits, picked a few overly ripe tomatoes and looked at the pot with the pansies in it with great sorrow. Perhaps it's the end of pansy season anyway!

I have no time for housework now that I've been in the garden - I'll have to work out my plan of attack tomorrow and buy pansy replacements. Not even feeling guilty yet!

Bye for now!
Bev

No comments: