Monday, May 16, 2011

Stupid dog, broken wrist and amazing holiday!

I don't really think the dog is stupid - she just got over-excited, this led to me losing my balance, falling on my arm and breaking my wrist! Possibly I'm the stupid (or careless) one! Nearly four weeks later the wrist is slowly getting better - still a bit swollen and sore, but recovering! You don't realise how much you use your left hand until you can't!

We arrived back from our amazing holiday on Lord Howe Island on Saturday. No phone, no television and walking everywhere - intended bike riding was out of the question this time! There is a 25 km/hour speed limit and nobody locks anything - a bit hard to get used to at first, but what a way to live! The weather was balmy one day, raining the next - it means we had some pleasant walks and I managed to read four books (I think that is a record for me).

It is really difficult to come back down to earth now after a week of three wonderful meals (and afternoon tea) every day at Pine Trees Resort. At home I have one daughter cooking me meals - at least until my wrist is a bit more capable - but the images of the holiday linger. It's great to be home, but...........!

I will return to Lord Howe Island before too long - of that I'm sure - and next time I'll be bike ready!

No comments: